Friday, December 11, 2009

Talkin' Jive with Jason


This week we are graced with correspondence from our very own bassist and expert on the occult, Jason. He gives us the perspective of one's first experience on the radio...

I was on the radio for the first time ever on November 20th, 2009. I have always been told that I had a face for radio, so it was only right and natural. When we arrived at Rollins, I suddenly felt very poor, but then I felt better because Christian was in his work scrubs, so everyone thought he was a doctor.


We played four songs live and acoustic on WPRK: Me, Melting, Centauri, Almanac, and Road Song. It was one of our tightest performances together yet. Unfortunately, it wasn’t recorded because their studio had blown up two days before, making me look like a liar to anyone who couldn’t listen live and wanted to hear it later…

Pictured above: LIAR.

That night, we played a fantastic show at the Copper Rocket. It was a great turnout, however I was a little terrified of the biker gang that Kamillie Ahne brought. In a bizarre coincidence, the guy running sound for us that night was none other than Carlos, formerly of the band Microfun, who taught me how to play bass and taught Kyle how to play barre chords back in 2000. I was even playing the bass I used in my lessons with him! Not because it was an homage, but because I’m poor and can’t afford a new bass.

"See Michael? My guitar has the HORIZONS logo on it!"
Enough, Kyle, we get it...


We have so many shows coming up in 2010 that I can’t even think of all of them off the top of my head. I will be making my first trip to Tampa on Jan 2nd for our show at the New World Brewery. I look forward to meeting all of the friendly Tampons, or Tamponians, or whatever the hell you call them. It is a city that redeemed itself during the 2008 election.

People in Tampa waiting to meet Jason.

On an unrelated note, I’m out of commission for a few days due to a throat infection and high fever. I spent most of the morning lying in bed and playing Disney’s Adventures in the Magic Kingdom for NES. It is still just as hard as it was when I was 7. I can’t beat Pirates of the Caribbean! The controls are awful!

-Jason



That's all for now from the HH universe. A video is on the horizon so check back to see all of Jason's adventures from WPRK in horrifying sight and sound. Like Jason said, lots of shows coming up where we'll be debuting new songs like "You Call This Limbo" & "Lone Home". Do not miss your chance to reach for new horizons with Hadley's Hope.

0 Clever Lines:

Post a Comment